"Gli Spazi della Musica" is a biannual online journal published by the Department of Humanistic Studies (Studium) at the University of Turin, based on a double blind peer-reviewing process (ISSN 2240-7944).
The Variazioni theme for 2017 is related to the trend launched by the University of Turin with the motto #hackUniTO for Ageing: it will harness the sull'ageing research as priorities of the present and future challenge. The magazine "The music spaces» intends to offer contribute by collecting essays on the theme: Music, between youth and senility.Possible, but not exclusive areas where it can be declined this theme are:
- Representations of childhood, of youth, of old age and aging in musical theater and in music in general.
- Late Style vs youthful style.
- Old in myth and its musical transposition
- Musical myths of the birth.
- The relationship between new and old, between innovation and conservation in music.
- The new music and the aging of the music.
- Old as the culmination or as decadence, in life and art.
- Precocious musical talent and their developments in the field of composition and / or executive.
- Musical cultures old and new: relationships, clutches and coexistence.
- Studies in the sociology of music is aging, both focused on youth.
- Aging musical anthropology of childhood and youth.
The deadline for submission of essays: June 15, 2017, for the second number.
The essays, meet the guidelines available on the site, and accompanied by an abstract of 600 characters, must be sent electronically to: email@example.com
Accepted papers will be in Italian, English, French, German and Spanish.